Thursday, March 13, 2008

Indian fast bowler Zaheer may skip South Africa series


Indian Left-arm fast bowler Zaheer Khan has virtually ruled himself out of the upcoming Test series against South Africa, saying he needs four to six weeks to be match-fit.

The first Test starts on March 26 in Chennai.
"I am not (yet) ready for international cricket. I should be okay in four-six weeks,"
said Khan, who pulled out of the first Test against Australia last year because of an ankle injury.

"I have started bowling, but doctors have advised me not to push myself. That's one thing I have learnt with experience. I will play some domestic cricket before I take a call,"
said the speedster.

"I have been advised to start with one-dayers and club games. The progress after rehabilitation has been good,"
he said.

Khan, who is part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore team, lauched here last night, said he is slowly increasing the workload.

"I want to return to international arena only when I am fit, not 100 per cent but 120 per cent,"
he said.

Bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad said Khan, who returned last week from a three-week rehabilitation programme in Johannesburg, needs time to regain full fitness.

No comments: